Types of information collected and held
“Personal information” about you is information or an opinion about you or which is reasonably identifiable as you, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Princeton Health collects and processes personal information about you that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions and activities, including providing the best possible quality of customer service to you.
Princeton Health does not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This means you are under no obligation to provide personal information to us, although a failure to provide personal information in some circumstances may limit our ability to provide products, services or information to you.
The types of personal information that we collect includes:
- your name, email address and other contact details;
- any questions or comments that you may post;
- if you are visiting any of our websites, the IP address of your machine when connected to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet; and
- if you are a Healthcare Professional or a Princeton Health third party contractor, we may collect your professional details, your business details and details of the interaction we have with you.
- If you are a supplier, bank account details if required for payments.
How we collect and hold personal information
Princeton Health collects your personal information that you voluntarily and knowingly provide when:
- you purchase one of our products and you apply for a credit account with us;
- you access our Website;
- you contact us in order to make an enquiry about us or a particular Princeton Health product;
Princeton Health takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept secure in accordance with reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. However, for personal information collected online and stored in electronic databases, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and that the security of those databases can never be guaranteed. Princeton Health also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information and we ensure that there are various security protections in place. Where it is no longer necessary for us to hold your personal information, we delete the information.
For what purposes does Princeton Health collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
Princeton Health will use or disclose your personal information only for the purpose for which you provide it to us. We will not use or disclose personal information about you for any secondary purpose, unless you consent to that use or disclosure; or you would reasonably expect the use or disclosure in the circumstances, and that secondary purpose is:
(a) in the case of non-sensitive information: related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and
(b) in the case of sensitive information: directly related to the primary purpose.
The purposes for which Princeton Health may use or disclose your personal information include:
- to provide you with any services or goods that you may request;
- to respond to any query or complaint that you may make;
- for internal administration, product research, evaluation and development, and quality control purposes, and
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
Princeton Health may disclose personal information it collects about you to:
- third parties within or outside of Australia engaged to help Princeton Health improve its products;
- enforcement authorities, within Australia
- any other parties it deems necessary in relation to providing you access to the Website.
Access to and correction of Personal Information
Princeton Health will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate.
You may request access to the personal information held about you, or request changes to that personal information if you believe for any reason that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, or ask for your personal information to be removed if you no longer wish Princeton Health to keep your personal information on file. We will facilitate access unless we are required or authorised under any relevant law or court/tribunal order to withhold access. You can obtain further information about how to request access to or correct the information held about you by Princeton Health by sending an email to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com
Complaints about a breach
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take steps to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website https://www.oaic.gov.au/ or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
[Policy last updated February 2015]